Christmas in Timber Town

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

All Aboard!

All Aboard! Whoooo Whooo!
As I mentioned before, good deals are to be had on Craigslist.com. I was looking for Christmas items and I found this train. It was actually located about a 4 hour drive from our home but we wanted to go for a drive anyways, lol. Brand new, it costs about $300 but we got it for $10! After fixing some lights and straightening a few things, its good as new! My wife says it's her train, rofl. We will mount the train on 2 "sleds" for easier handling and will place it almost where it is in the picture in front of the house. In other news, Grinch 1 was powered up for the first time and had limited success in powering a SSR. Not sure what the problem is exactly but I think it's the primary data cable, possibly unused wires shorting together is my first guess before ripping it back apart. Nobody said it was going to be easy. HeHe. The first of the Light Fences were put together and it looks great. In a upcoming test, our 2 mega trees will be further assembled and lit up. That should be really Cool looking!