Christmas in Timber Town

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Seen but heard


In order for anyone who is walking near the yard to hear the music for the light show, a set of boxes were made for the stereo speakers. Think of it as a set of computer speakers on a 80' cord, hehe. Out in the yard near the front yard tree is a fake doghouse. It was a collaborated effort between us. I made the doghouse which only weighs about 15 lbs. Constructed out of 1 x 2 boards and vinyl siding, then painted. Sitting on top of his Sopwith Camel, is Snoopy, Our Hero! My wife did a terrific job on him! Between the two of us, we made a very nice weatherproof speaker enclosure and it has a bit of a "boom" effect as well. The other speaker enclosure is an actual doghouse of chihuahua size. I gave it to my Mother-in-Law to repaint as it was a hideous dark green. I gave her "Carte Blanc" as to how she wants to paint it. She's a well known local artist here and we're very anxious to see the results.